Ag Quality Team Lead (Remote)
About The Position
Taranis is a leading precision agriculture intelligence platform that uses sophisticated computer vision, data science, and deep learning algorithms to effectively monitor fields. Taranis offers a full-stack solution for high precision aerial surveillance imagery to prevent crop yield loss due to insects, crop disease, weeds, and nutrient deficiencies.
Overseeing millions of acres of farmland in North America, South America, Europe, CIS, and Oceania, Taranis targets high-volume commodity crops which account for 70% of the global crop market and give farmers the tools to address issues in real-time, increasing yields and cutting costs.
Founded in 2015, Taranis raised over $60M from leading VC investors and is being led by a founding team with deep experience in both agriculture and technology.
Taranis is looking for a highly experienced, motivated, and outstanding Agronomist to join our team. Come to work with the most advanced frameworks that exist today and help farmers grow and maximize their business. The team accommodates according to seasonal requirements and workloads.
- Manage an Ag Quality team of 4-12 agronomists. Act as an agronomy knowledge center leader, on an expert level basis, for identification of - diseases, nutrient deficiencies, weeds species, chemical and insect damages in different crops.
- Act as the agronomy focal point for the development and implementation of new tools for imagery annotation and quality control with the different stakeholders (Support, CS R&D)
- Manage annotation teams - provide instructions, guidance, tools, support, and monitor KPIs.
- Fluent English - A must
- B.Sc. (Agr) / Plant Science B.Sc. / ingeniero agronomo (M.Sc - an advantage)
- Understanding and experience working with information systems.
- High-level English (verbal and written)
- Management experience
- Prior experience with the development of agricultural practices guidelines and materials.
To maintain and cultivate our unique DNA in Taranis, we look for people who
- Love what they do and are passionate about making an impact
- Able to adapt quickly in an intensive, fast-paced environment.
- Own strong attention to detail and sense of accountability.
- Quick learner, organized, and personally dedicated to accomplishing objectives.
- Master multitasking, Hands-on, own high work ethic and prioritize workload.
- Have excellent analytical skills combined with impeccable business judgment.
- Have great communication skills.