About The Position
Taranis is a leading precision agriculture intelligence platform, offering a cloud-based solution that utilizes Satellites, Drones, and Artificial Intelligence (AI) to support crop advisors and growers. Our solution helps prevent crop yield loss due to insects, crop disease, weeds, and nutrient deficiencies.
Taranis has raised over $100M from leading VC investors and is being led by a professional team with deep experience in agriculture, drones, and AI.
We are looking for a Analytical Agronomist to join our headquarters team in Indianapolis!
- Act as an agronomy knowledge center leader on an expert level basis to identify - diseases, nutrient deficiencies, weeds species, and chemical and insect damages in different crops.
- Act as the agronomy focal point for the development and implementation of new tools for imagery annotation and quality control with the different stakeholders (Customer Success, Product, R&D)
- Manage annotation and tagging teams - provide instructions, guidance, tools, support, and monitor KPIs.
- An agronomist - B.Sc.Agr. / Plant Science B.Sc. (M.Sc - an advantage)
- Understanding and experience working with information systems.
- High-level English (verbal and written).
- Prior experience with the development of agricultural practices guidelines and materials.
To maintain and cultivate our unique DNA in Taranis, we look for people who
- Love what they do and are passionate about making an impact
- Able to adapt quickly to an intensive, fast-paced environment.
- Own strong attention to detail and a sense of accountability.
- Quick learner, organized, and personally dedicated to accomplishing objectives.
- Master multitasking, Hands-on, own high work ethic and prioritize workload.
- Have excellent analytical skills combined with impeccable business judgment.
- Have great communication skills.