About The Position
Taranis is a leading precision agriculture intelligence platform that uses sophisticated computer vision, data science, and deep learning algorithms to effectively monitor fields. Taranis offers a full-stack solution for high precision aerial surveillance imagery to prevent crop yield loss due to insects, crop disease, weeds, and nutrient deficiencies.
Overseeing millions of acres of farmland in North America, South America, Europe, CIS, and Oceania, Taranis targets high-volume commodity crops which account for 70% of the global crop market and give farmers the tools to address issues in real-time, increasing yields and cutting costs.
Founded in 2015, Taranis raised over $100M from leading VC investors and is being led by a founding team with deep experience in both agriculture and technology.
We are looking for a highly motivated DevOps engineer to join our R&D department to establish a modern and scalable environment.
As DevOps Engineer, you will implement new technologies, methodologies, and continuously improve existing tools and infrastructures, to enable Taranis flights and AI processing running smoothly.
This is a hands-on operations role with the opportunity to develop new skills with leading-edge technologies as we build out the product and scale our business.
- Be responsible for the deployment, scaling, and performance of the Taranis solution over Google Cloud Platform through its entire lifecycle from development to production.
- Help manage SQL and NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
- Build and manage continuous delivery and continuous integration as well as infrastructure ecosystems.
- Setup and maintain application and system monitoring & alerting.
- Work closely with engineering managers and the support team to improve service availability and performance.
- Work with engineering and QA to build and validate containerized applications
- 3+ years working on hosting large production environments in the cloud using GCP or equivalent (AWS, Azure).
- Experience deploying and managing production applications and microservices running in Kubernetes using Helm.
- Hands-on experience with monitoring and alerting applications (e.g. Prometheus, Cloud Watch).
- Solid understanding of networking (routing and TCP/IP).
- Proven track record of defining and building CI/CD processes and working with common CI/CD tools (Jenkins, TeamCity, TFS).
- Passion to acquire new technologies and build things from scratch.
- Experience with infrastructure as a code solutions such as Terraform and Pulumi - an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
To maintain and cultivate our unique DNA in Taranis, we look for people who
- Love what they do and passionate about making an impact
- Able to adapt quickly in an intensive, fast-paced environment
- Own strong attention to details and sense of accountability
- Quick learners, organized and personally dedicated to accomplishing objectives
- Master multitasking, Hands-on, own high work ethic and prioritize workload
- Excellent analytical skills combined with impeccable business judgment
- Have great communication skills