Vice President of Operations
About The Position
Taranis is a leading precision agriculture intelligence platform, offering a cloud-based solution that utilizes Satellites, Drones, and Artificial Intelligence (AI) to support crop advisors and growers. Our solution helps prevent crop yield loss due to insects, crop disease, weeds, and nutrient deficiencies.
Taranis has raised over $100M from leading VC investors and is being led by a professional team with deep experience in agriculture, drones, and AI.
Taranis is looking for a highly motivated and operationally excellent Vice President of Operations to join our team. We are looking for a leader who can make policy and strategic decisions, shape the development and execution of operational procedures. Our ideal candidate is one who embraces challenges, has a high attention to detail, and the ability to expedite execution.
Are you a dynamic leader who delivers operational excellence? Apply now!
- Part of the company’s executive leadership
- Service Delivery - The VP of Operations is responsible for all field operations and back-end processes up to the final service delivery of our services to our customers
- Manage and provide oversight to our Flight Operations teams in the United States and Brazil
- Support & Agronomy departments - Manage and provide direction for the Support and Analytical Agronomist teams
- Lead and engage with the Product and R&D departments to make sure required developments and tools are produced in support of all operations needs
- Supply chain management with drone service providers and vendors - negotiations, contracts, incentive plans, locating new suppliers based on changing requirements
- Deep analytical skills, including the ability to analyze complex operational data, identify trends, and make data-driven decisions.
- Define Operations’ BI needs and utilize Taranis BI tools to measure KPIs and Key Results. Monitor and report on these KPIs and Key Results routinely in management and company forums
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders and team members to ensure that all operational requirements, deadlines, and schedules are on track
- Conduct in-season and post-season analysis, identifying successful and unsuccessful elements and share conclusions between our different locations
- 10+ years of experience leading complex, field operations
- Top executer, problem solver with a “can do” attitude; highly organized and passionate about operations
- Proven experience in managing a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities globally
- Methodological thinker, has established and implemented processes and procedures
- Bachelor degree or master degree in business or related field
- Excellent communication skills, ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners, and employees
- Familiarity with Aeronautics, Drones, Annotation, Agriculture
- Spanish and/or Portuguese speakers
To maintain and cultivate our unique DNA in Taranis, we look for people who
- Love what they do and are passionate about making an impact
- Able to adapt quickly in an intensive, fast-paced environment
- Own strong attention to detail and accountability
- Quick learners, organized and personally dedicated to accomplishing objectives
- Master multitasking, own high work ethic, and prioritize workload
- Have great communication skills