We (“TARANIS” or “Company“) have prepared this privacy notice (“Notice”) for candidates for a job in our Company. Any reference to “TARANIS”, “Company” “we”, “us”, or “our” refers to the TARANIS Group of companies (“TARANIS Group“), including Taranis Ltd. And Taranis Inc.
In connection with your job application and considering you as a candidate, we need to use certain Personal Data (as defined below).
The purpose of this Notice is to provide you with information regarding the Personal Data we collect, process, and otherwise use.
“Personal Data” means information that relates, alone or together with other data, to a uniquely identify or identifiable individual, as set for in applicable privacy laws. Providing us with Personal Data is of your own free you are choosing to share this data as a part of exploring potential employment opportunities at TARANIS. Your decision to provide Personal Data is entirely up to you and is not compelled by any legal requirements. If you do not agree to this Notice, please do not apply for the relevant position, and don’t share any Personal Data with us. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change this Notice at any time.
1. What Personal Data do we collect and process?
We process the following information and Personal Data about you, including, without limitation, contact information, address, CV (resume) information (such as skills, work experience, and education), Taranis LinkedIn page, and Taranis website, files that you submit (such as work samples or assignments), the position for which you are considered, the source who submitted your candidacy (e.g., recruiting agency, referral), information from references, your responses to questionnaires sent to you by us and to interview questions asked during the interview process, information about your candidacy and employment options (such as availability to be hired and salary expectations), materials you or other parties submitted (such as, evaluators). Collectively “Candidate Data”.
2. Why does TARANIS need to collect and process my Candidate Data?
● To receive, review, assess and respond to your application.
● To verify the information you or others provide, and to check your references.
● To assess your suitability for the opportunity you applied for, and in certain cases, for other opportunities at Company.
● To facilitate the interview/recruiting process.
● To prepare an employment contract if your application is successful.
● To stay in touch and engage with you for opportunities at TARANIS we may consider you for current and future opportunities.
● For record keeping, the establishment of legal claims and defense and as needed under appliable law.
3. How Company shares my Candidate Data?
Company may transfer your Candidate Data to third parties located in any jurisdictions, as follows:
● Within the TARANIS Group. As TARANIS is a part of a wider group of affiliates, we may transfer the Candidate Data to, or otherwise allow access to, other entities within the TARANIS Group, which may use, transfer and process the Candidate Data in accordance with this Notice and applicable law.
● Regulators, authorities, and other third parties. As necessary for the purposes described above, Personal Data may be transferred to regulators, courts, and other authorities (e.g., tax and law enforcement authorities), independent external advisors (e.g., auditors and legal advisors), directors within the Company Group, insurance carriers, benefits providers, internal compliance and investigation teams (including external advisers appointed to conduct internal investigations). We will share Candidate Data with third parties where required by law, where it is necessary to administer the potential working relationship with you, or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
● Acquiring entities. We may share your Candidate Data with other third parties. For example, in the context of the possible sale, restructuring, or transfer, of some or all of the business, shares, or assets to a third party, we will disclose your Candidate Data to such third party (whether actual or potential) in connection with the foregoing events.
● Professional advisors. We may share Candidate Data with our professional advisors such as lawyers and accountants if doing so is necessary to facilitate the services they render to us.
Some of the recipients with whom we may share Candidate Data, as described above, may be located in countries outside of your jurisdiction (including, EU and the US). In such cases, we use commercially reasonable efforts to make sure that the recipients of the Candidate Data undertake to take sufficient measures to ensure the privacy of your Candidate Data.
● Security. We implement industry standard measures to reduce the risks of damage, loss, unauthorized access, or use, of your Personal Data. However, these measures do not provide absolute information security.
4. What rights do I have in respect of my Candidate Data?
Depending on your location, you may have a number of rights in relation to your Candidate Data. Such rights can be summarized in broad terms as follows (for more details, please contact us):
(i) Right of access. You have the right to request access to your Candidate Data processed and/or stored about you. If you want to submit this request, please do it in writing to email@example.com.
(ii) Right to rectification and erasure. You may have the right to rectify and/or request to erase inaccurate, outdated, or incomplete Candidate Data concerning you. If you want to submit this request, please do it in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com. Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to delete or erase your Candidate Data (partially or totally).
5. Who can I contact about this?
If you have concerns or questions regarding this Notice or if you would like to exercise your rights, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: Aug 31, 2023